Wednesday, February 2, 2011

NEGATIVE PLANE - STAINED GLASS REVELATIONS



Photobucket
NEGATIVE PLANE Stained Glass Revelations
Invictus Productions 2011
Since the announcement of this album’s release the anticipation for it has almost manifested itself into physical form. With mere five days until this one hits the shelves I grow more terrified, I am sure I will see this one running towards me. Mask on face. Knife in hand. Gloves of black.
And they Lynch people! These Americans know how to create a haunting & horrifying atmosphere. Straight from the start there is a Devil Doll-ian vibe to Stained Glass Revelations. That vibe stays throughout the album. Imagine, if you will, and don’t listen to what they say, what people like Nachtmystium has been doing and dip it in utter darkness! Majestic. Satanic. Progged. Madness!
The first thing that captured me with this album and, I’m shameful to admit, were the vocals. The vocals take me back to Mike Browning’s glory days with Nocturnus. Yeah, I don’t care if you hear it or not. You think I’m off? Well, fuck you very much, then! Then came the guitars... you can get lost in all this for days.
The music is like a seldom found maze that becomes enjoyable as you get more and more lost in it. There are countless genres this one could fit in. I’ll leave with just these words on how the music affected me, not what it actually sounds like.

Stained Glass Revelations @ amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment