Tuesday, December 7, 2010

SARGEIST - LET THE DEVIL IN

Photobucket
SARGEIST
LET THE DEVIL IN
MORIBUND

I have already reviewed this album for Currents but since I had done a newer one for another site that wasn’t used I decided to publish it here. Enjoy.

For good or bad Sargeist have always travelled under my radar. Never have I witnessed the grandeur of "Disciple of the Heinous Path" or "Satanic Black Devotion". Never, as far as I can remember, until now.

And what a good way to start! There's not much around as refreshing as a cup of black coffee in the morning as "From the Black Coffin Lair", the third song on "Let the Devil In". Heavy on the mid paced hooks it is. Other highlights are "Nocturnal Revelation" and of course the title track. In fact, it's tough to find a soft spot on this one, the band's third album.

Sargeist, as much as they like to break out in speed everyone once in a while, rely heavily on the midpaced madness. I'm glad they do as this album flows really well from start to finish. Sounds complete and not as much a clutter of songs as it sounds like a book with 10 chapters. Each one fitting nicely in line with the previous one.

They've gone over the most difficult mountain, the sophomore one, and with their third full moon it is obvious that Sargeist is a band that one has to keep an eye out for in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment