Tuesday, December 7, 2010

COUGH - RITUAL ABUSE

Photobucket
COUGH
RITUAL ABUSE
RELAPSE


When I first heard about Cough I was pretty sure this was some new wave indie stuff. You can imagine my surprise when I discovered the sludge and filth these guys are all about!

Formed five years ago and already on their second album these guys really capture the drug-filled atmosphere bands like Electric Wizard have become known for. It's not surprising that some call Cough U.S.A.'s answer to Electric Wizard. There are striking similarities but in some parts Cough surpass Electric Wizard when it comes to the filth.

I reckon it's going to be a close call between Ritual Abuse and Black Masses who will get more teens to abuse narcotics while worshiping grim lords. Cough makes it clear that if Electric Wizard is going to keep it's ass on the drugthrone it's going to have to beef up the hits from the bong.

Cough has a split with The Wounded Kings out next month through Forcefield Records. Cough’s side contains a single track lasting nineteen minutes. I’m pretty sure that might be just enough to send a few over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment