Tuesday, December 7, 2010

BLACK ANVIL - TRIUMVIRATE

Photobucket
BLACK ANVIL
TRIUMVIRATE
Relapse


I never heard Kill Your Idols but apparently they were legendary. Why am I mentioning that band? Because the members of Black Anvil all used to play in it, that's why. Kill Your Idols was NYHC and perhaps, if you're like me, images of Agnostic Front, Warzone, Freddy Madball and Merauder pop into your head when somebody mentions that.

Black Anvil are not NYHC, though. No, if I had to peg Black Anvil anywhere I would say they were melodic Heavy Black n' Roll. They offer us a medley of some of the best moments of melodic Black Metal 'til now laced with a bit of groove and bite. If you look hard I'm sure you can find a bit of core there too.

Triumvirate is one of those albums that is good to use if you want to get people to listen to more extreme music than they are listening to at that moment. It's a safe record that will warm every newcomer's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment